Trends are here, trends are there, trends are everywhere. Our aim at Apiko is to help you catch up with the latest mobile and web app development trends. Here we will consider the current and future mainstreams for the following industries:
- Social media
- Food delivery
- Rental industry
- Job board platforms
You will get a free PDF that covers the latest trends in the industries mentioned above. But first let`s outline some interesting facts and statistics.
Current trends in e-commerce and its future
There are 3 big players on the arena: B2B, B2C and C2C e-commerce.
Fact: The global e-сommerce market is worth US$7.7 trillion
Stats for B2B
In 2021, business-to-business online sales are projected to reach US$1.2 trillion, up from 889 billion U.S. dollars in 2017.
Stats for B2C
B2C ecommerce sales are expected to equal to US$2.35 trillion in 2018 (?)
Stats for C2C
The predicted number of shared economy users in the USA in 2018 is 66.3 m users.
- The cost of healthcare B2B lead is $60,which makes it one of the most expensive leads comparing to other industries.
- The global mobile health market is awaited to reach approximately $189 billion by 2025.
- One of the most promising functionality in healthcare is telemedicine and wearable technology.
- The number of IoT (Internet Of Things) units in healthcare in the EU is expected to reach 26.7 million units by 2025.
Social media industry
- What you can’t slip out of sight is that the visual-type of social media is preferred among youngsters (nearly 47% of 6,000+ of teens polled in the U.S.prefer Snapchat over other social media. 24% of young people featured Instagram in their favorites).
- The restaurant industry market is estimated at US $490 billion.
- 2016 survey on using food delivery services in the USA, stated that 10% of the respondents said they used food delivery services once per week.
- In 2016, hotel industry in the U.S. gained the revenue of 199.3 billion U.S. dollars. This includes such important performance indicators, like Occupancy rate, Average daily rate (ADR), Revenue per available room (Revpar)
- The global rental market is expected to reach $164,335 million by 2023.
All of these numbers would be useless without mentioning the latest tech trends suitable almost for any industry:
- The implementation of blockchain for security; transactions made with cryptocurrencies
- Virtual/augmented reality as a feature for marketplace mobile app
- Artificial intelligence + Machine Learning
- Real-time data streaming
- Drone delivery
- Wearable technology in healthcare (and other industries)
Now it`s time to dig deeper.
Download a free PDF on “Marketplace Development Trends for 2018 and beyond”Business growth